STAGING – IT WORKS, IT’S PROVEN, SO WHY NOT LET THE PROFESSIONALS DO IT?
STAGING – CBC reports on home staging and what Home Staging can do for a sale price of a home in Toronto.
Staging: Watch Yan Gurevich – Real Estate Agent with Harvey Kalles Real Estate chat to CBC about staging his listing in Little Portugal, West Queen West, and witness the work being done by Ella Zetser, top Toronto stager (The Last Detail, Stager’s Source).
“Staged homes could earn between 6 and 15% more if staged properly” – CBC.
I am often amazed how few homes are staged before photos are taken and homes are shown to the public by the agents. Even less homes are prepared by professional stagers who’s job it is to make sure that every room in your house looks as appealing to all potential buyers as they can be.
In most cases, even if your house has plenty f furniture and all your walls are covered by art or photographs you really appreciate, a professional stager will quickly separate what works for a functional space from a space that is ready to be shown.
I am always excited to hear a client’s gasp once they see one of their own spaces again, for the first time, after me and my stager have prepared it. It’s like a house you can fall in love with again.
Once staged and properly marketed, This home sold well over asking, and set a record at the time for a home that size in that pocket of Toronto.
So what are the key elements of staging that nearly all homes in West Queen West that my team has listed, which really made a difference in final sale price for my sellers?
- Trim trees and bushes
- Fresh paint on outside doors, railing and window frames.
- Fresh flowers even if in pots.
- Cleared gutters and eaves
- Cleared inviting sidewalks
- Fresh, appropriate coloured paint.
- New lighting – If you can’t see the space well lit in all its glory, no amount of staging and painting will be enough.
- Clean and clear open spaces. The more floor potential buyers see, the more the house will appear larger. But keep in mind that the right furniture is essential to making a space appear even bigger and more appealing.
- Clean windows and window sills. Yo may have a great view…but it’s a turn off if the buyer needs look at it through dirty screens or unwashed windows.
- Clean kitchens and bathrooms.
- Areas that you feel like spending more time in: That’s a big part of what your stager does…making each part of your house a place buyers are going to enjoy spending in. Other buyers see people linger…and that makes them want your house even more.
More about home and condo staging by Contacting Yan Gurevich directly.